Friday, January 8, 2010

Orchid Magic



A floral tribute to you I pay
As our paths crossed along the way
Your favourite treasure, the orchid
Adorned every corner as I did
Seek your attention undivided


Reflecting the rosy blush of our first meeting
Your shy gaze held mine for a moment fleeting
Pink petals with two shaded hues
Gave me no significant clues
That your hands were trembling beneath the clusters

Pink soon made way for the purple fringed flower
Bathed in passion, violet blooms on you did I shower
Wooing you in a style so uniquely obsessive
Making me relentless jealous and possessive
Of even the lilac stems vying for your attention



We moved from purple to white, sealing our love with a kiss
You looked so ethereal in lace and satin, a vision of eternal bliss
As the wedding march ended and your veil I lifted
The hair band of orchid I’d specially gifted
Coyly became a part of me, already being a part of you


With joy and content as our home we fill
flames of orange, yellow, purple on every sill
The magic of orchids remains in our life
Cheering us in moments of undue strife
Our floral friends privy to our secrets rife

3 comments:

INDBrent said...

lovely poem. Looking forward to reading more!

INDBrent said...

Lovely poem. You have quite a talent!

Rajini said...

Thanks Brent!