Thursday, January 7, 2010

Eclipse


The yellow flowers were blinding my vision
As I hurriedly crossed the daffodil fields
trying hard to ignore their brightness
which reflected the rays of the setting sun;
why did I sub-consciously compare
their yellowish hue to your jaundiced eye
reviving memories of dark suspicions;
blatant accusations and stinging responses

Why did I hasten my pace to get to the fence
longing for the evening shadows to appear
and engulf my thoughts;
to bury my face in the embrace of the twilight sky
I waited for the clouds to envelop the faint rays of the rising moon
For darkness to sweep over the night sky to hide the stardust in my eyes

Why had I ever hoped that you would accept
my olive branch which had dried, withered
and swept away with tons of autumn leaves
into the water creek,
I had stood on the edge of the slippery precipice
unsure if I had to take those steps down to the bridge which now lay burnt;
its ashes washed away in the turbulent rivers below

Seven long years had passed;
many a White Christmas had come and gone
your suspicions had grown deeper I was told,
the distance between us had doubled
You continued to count the thorns in the
Stems of the white roses I sent you
your sinister calculations had eclipsed the truth
I have since made peace with myself
But you continue to look for imaginary footprints
On sheets of falling white snow…….

No comments: